Read more about 'Machamunda Chencheda'
1 One Rohu fish head
2 cups cabbage ,chopped
1 potato Big sliced
1 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chili powder Red
1/2 inch ginger
5 cloves Garlic
2 chilis Green
1/2 tsp Cumin seed
One onion small
1 Bay leaf
1 tsp Cinamon powder
4 tbsps Mustard Oil
Salt per taste
- In pan add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 tbsp turmeric, heat it. Add chopped cabbage and potato cubes and cover with a lid. Cook for 5-7 minute till they are almost done.
- Marinate fish head with salt and 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder for 5 min. Heat oil on a skillet. Fry fish head both side till they turn golden brown and crispy. You can also deep fry it. Take it out.
- In the same pan add bay leaf, chopped onion and fry till light brown.
- Make a coarse paste of ginger, garlic, green chili and cumin seeds. Add this paste and fry for 2-3 min.
- Break fish head with hand and add this to pan along with chili powder. Fry for a minute.
- Add steamed cabbage and potato, saute for another 5 min. Season with salt and cover the pan with lid. Cook for another 2 minutes at medium flame.
- Make paste of cinnamon powder with little water and add this to cabbage and mix well. Cook for 2 minute and serve hot with steam rice & dal.